DSL service involves a physical data circuit from the customers premise to the telephone company central office. In the central office a virtual connection is made to an ISP that provides connectivity to the Internet backbone as well as host services such as e-mail, news, and web hosting.
Advantages To Purchasing DSL Through Eskimo North
- End frustration! Your call will go straight to a knowledgable caring human, or at worst voice-mail if the human is unavailable. In that case, you will get a prompt call-back and prompt resolution of any service issues.
- Be Free! Have it your way! Our services are extensive, flexible, and highly customizable. Use our hosts services such as shell access, e-mail, web and application hosting, from any access provider with a shell account.
- We use platform independent standards and will work with Linux, MacOS, and Windows.
- No download limits or extra download fees.
- Be clear! We don't offer special incentive rates for the first six months and then jack the rate up through the roof for the remainder of a two-year contract. Our rates are our rates, always. No deceptive tricks!
DSL Verses Cable
While the raw data transmission speed of a cable system is faster than DSL, cable is a shared access medium. A cable segment is typically shared by between 100 and 1000 customers. The speed is shared by everyone on that segment.
With DSL, you are the only person using the speed of that wire. Newer DSL technology makes possible faster speeds than in the past.
Cable companies usually have restrictions on the amount of data you can download because the more customers they can pack on a segment, the more profitable it is for them. We have no such incentive. Our DSL services do not have download restrictions.