Perl / Gmake

     I've built the latest perl and gmake on eskimo.  I wasn't able to get all
the perl tests to run because it ran the machine out of memory doing them but
it did work for building gmake and the tests it did run passed with the
exception of some that were not expected to pass on that platform and some
issues with unicode which relates to a problem with system libs so not much I
can do about that at present.

     Gmake passed the tests except one took too long and the script got
impatient and timed out (one of the parallelism tests), but it did eventually
succeed.

     Please let me know if you run into any weird behavior with these programs.